Nice! There's one nasty bug though!
It's clever, funny, and makes good use of well known NG names. (at least, I'm GUESSING the goth named "illwill" was inspired from NG ;))
Graphics: I love your graphics style. Solid, funny, and unique.
Style: I'm also a fan of "play the bad guy" style games.
Sound: Fitting, unique.
Violence: I love it. Too many ways to just torment those mindless masses.
Interactivity: I guess this is like gameplay? Very well done, everything responds the way I expect it. The running-strong combo is so powerful it almost seems like a cheat, though. I mean, it's easier to use than anything else in the game. I'll post the bug on the bottom.
Humor: Somehow you just know how to make us laugh at the horror unleashed upon your hordes of cylinder-head masses.
As for the bug, right when you get to the final baddie, if you take that trashcan all the way to the end and toss it at him (and hit) when you become unable to move, your character remains stuck unable to move. I really did this on my first try, lol. I have a strange tendency to break things. Anyway, it was lots of fun and good luck fixing this bug! 5/10 here.
Pretty good, but has some flaws...
I liked it, definitely had an "old school" feel to it. But there are a few things that need to be worked on:
- The music is just a little repetitive, and this is coming from someone who annoys roommates for hours on end when listening to game music. =p It's a little too simplistic, too. I've just never liked the instrumentals, which are strikingly close to many old NES games.
- There's a problem with moving platforms...you don't move with them, and you can get stuck in the middle of them if you jump at them a certain way.
- You can get stuck in normal platforms as well, when you jump on them. Seems to only happen with two or more adjacent blocks.
- In the second-to-last (or last, I forget) screen, the "auuuugh" sound for falling plays when you have to head down to the lower platforms.
- The second-to-last star, I think it was, blocked my movement for a little as well...may be related to "stuck in normal platforms" bug, though.
It's a promising project, though. Good luck.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.